Tuesday 24 May 2016

Teaching the teacher!


This week I started helping my mentor Archana build her dream site. 
We sat down together and discussed what she wanted, she made her plan and I started to guide her through making her site from scratch. 

It was very helpful for me to do this, as it consolidated knowledge that I had learnt back in Term 1 at the Manaiakalani Digital Immersion days. It is also a challenge as she has big ideas and knows what she wants, but some of those things I don't know how to do.

So to teach her, I have to first go and learn how to do it.
Which is great! It pushes me to learn beyond what I am taught, and expand my own knowledge. 

On Monday we took this screen recording and audio recording of our discussions. 

On Tuesday, Archana bought her designs and then I had to figure out how to do a photo slideshow. 
I used these instructions to guide me, and figured it out!


(Part 2 coming soon!)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me feedback!